Overview – Commonwealth Service Groups
Supply Chain Planning
Align your supply chain capabilities with your company’s strategies for globalization, organic growth, mergers and acquisitions, or turnaround. Commonwealth’s supply chain consultants can bring you the tools, know-how, and objectivity to:
- Optimize your geographic supply chain network (network optimization)
- Evaluate outsourcing (3PL) as a strategy
As your business evolves, your distribution center strategy must also evolve. Commonwealth’s operations consultants will help you modify an existing distribution center(s) or design a new one to accommodate changes such as growth, shifts in channel demand, acquisitions, new service requirements, or cost reduction mandates.
- Select or implement Warehouse Management Software (WMS)
- Design a distribution center
- Simulation services
Transportation is a big expense in today’s supply chain. Commonwealth will pinpoint what your company “should” be spending on transportation and develop a strategy. Commonwealth’s logistics consultants have a knack for reducing costs or providing better service through rate reduction, mode optimization, and complex strategies like multi-stop truckload and pool point shipping.
- Develop a strategy for better transportation management
- Reduce your parcel shipping costs